Summer 2021 Updates
You can find updates and news for this camp season at the following website-https://camps.mosesbrown.org/camp-news/.
It is important to note that COVID19 safety measures are updated frequently by the RI DOH based on current conditions. As a result, our policies and procedures may be adjusted based on the most up-to-date guidelines.
June 9, 2021
Below is a list of strategies and best practices recommended by the RI DOH and CDC and followed by Moses Brown Summer Camps.
• All staff and parents/guardians of each camper are required to complete a daily self symptom check and verbal attestation using this screening form.
• Masks use indoors is required for campers and staff with certain exceptions as outlined by the CDC
• There is no state requirement for mask-wearing when outdoors. However, campers may be asked to wear masks at the discretion of the camp director when three foot of physical distancing from others cannot easily, continuously, and measurably be maintained
Each day you can expect our staff to adhere to the following protocols
• make the camp day safe and fun
• along with our on-campus registered nurse, provide comprehensive staff on all COVID19 protocols
• staying at home with any symptoms or close contact with COVID19
• following and encouraging physical distancing as much as possible
• following REOPENING RI guidelines on camp pod sizes and groupings and utilizing our beautiful 33 acre campus to move activities outdoors as much as possible
• frequent handwashing, disinfecting equipment and high-use spaces throughout the day
• wearing mask when appropriate
• along with our register nurse, monitor campers for any signs of illness throughout the camp day
Please visit RI DOH website for information on obtaining a COVID test
Moses Brown encourages and recommends all members of our employees and community to be vaccinated as soon as eligible. Click here for vaccination information.
April 27, 2021
Although space is limited, all camp offerings including Early RISErs, RISE, Sports, STEM, and Wise-Up can be found on this site. We know that our camp families are looking forward to learning a new skill, enjoying the outdoors, seeing old friends, and making new ones.
Like last summer’s very successful camp season and our in-person 2020/21 school year, we will be following all guidance from the RI Department of Health. However, guidelines for this summer have not yet been issued. MB is in regular communication with the state DOH and will follow all procedures at that time regarding masks, physical distancing, and other safety measures. For everyone’s well-being and safety, we are reducing enrollment and eliminating mixed morning and afternoon camps this season. We have specific targeted cleaning and disinfecting of camp areas and materials.
Also, please know we are members of the American Camper Association (ACA). The ACA hired the environmental health consulting firm Environmental Health & Engineering (EH&E) which helped established a panel of independent experts to provide a Camp Operations Guidebook in consideration of COVID safety.
Please check back for updates. We are looking forward to summer!